Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Dates and other stuff

Life has been exceptionally crazy for us.
Some of it has been good and some of it has been bad.  It seems like the whole month of February someone was sick.  Wyatt was the last one to get it and has the hardest time getting over it.  I am so glad to have that part of things done and over with.
Last Thursday and Friday Jason and I were able to have date nights.  It was the first time in a long time.  Yes, they were military events but still so much fun.  Thursday we had a Chief Recognition Dinner.  It was intersting to be in a small room full of so many Senior Enlisted and officers.  It was also fun to know that one of the officers was concerned about me.
You see, Jason is a crew chief which means he works on airplanes (at least he did until he got TechSgt and we moved here where he ended up behind a desk).  Crew Chiefs are known for their...ability to have fun.
At the dinner I ended at a table next to Jason, 2 other airman from his shop and on the other side of me 3 airman from another shop (all crewchiefs).  Not a single other female at the table.  I wasn't bothered by it at all.  But I did catch my husband's commander look over a few times during dinner.  Later he came to the table and asked if I was okay (considering the company I was keeping).  I had to laugh and told him I was holding my own.  It was nice to be out with just Jason and no kids.  As long as Jason keeps up with positions here I am sure we will have many more of these types of dinners to go to.

Friday night was more casual and even more fun since we had friends with us.  This event was called Maintenance Professional of the Year. 
As you might imagine from the title, it is an awards banquet for the maintainers at the base.  It was a casual event, therefore it was a lot more rowdy than the Chief's dinner and a LOT more fun.
We also had a babysitter that wasn't a friend or family member for the first time.  It seemed to go well and when I asked if she would be willing to watch the boys for us again she said yes, more date nights for Jason and I, I think so  :)
A couple of the people we thought should have won an award did not.  But Jason's squadron did win the Spirit Award so it wasn't all that bad.

Of course, on Friday I received a call from the nurse at Cody's school.  It seems that he was playing on the monkey bars and lost his grip.  He face planted in what the nurse called rocks and Cody calls ice.  He looks like he was pelted with BBs.  Saturday he had a black eye and most of the side of his face was bruised.

Cody has been having headaches everyday since.  Last night was the worst of them.  I let him get some sleep but this morning I called to get him in to the doctor.  We ended up having to go downtown only to find out that he doesn't have a concussion or anything else wrong with his head.  BUT, he does have strep throat.
On our way home from the doctor's office we ended up at a motorcycle accident.  We didn't see what happened but we stopped to help until the professionals can get there.  I say we but I really mean Jason.  The oldest and youngest were with us and since Jason is trained and certified CPR and I am not he went to check on the motorcyclist.  Thankfully he was wearing a helmet so there isn't much head injuries but they found out that he can't move his legs.  I kept thinking about my dad and his motorcycle accident in 2007.  For those out there that pray please keep this airman in your them.  Oh yeah, I didn't say that, he is an airman working in one of the shops in Jason's squardron.  Jason did not know who he was but several others stopped and those who needed to know found out.  It was overwhelming to see the half a dozen or more other airman coming out to support each other.
Tonight and the next 2 nights I have classes I will be attending.  They are all hunter's safety courses and are 3 hours long.  I am so exhausted already that when I had to run to the store I grabbed a Dr. Pepper in hopes than I can keep my eyelids open long enough to get home safely from my class.  Most of the people in hunting areas go when they are young, 12+ so I am little hesitant about being one of 2 adults in the class (one of Jason's coworkers/friends will be there as well).
Needless to say last month and this week are going to be very hectic for me, especially.  I look forward to some down time when my sister, Carrie and her family, come to visit and we go to Wyoming to pick up Jason's antelope mount.

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment