Monday, May 13, 2013

Spouses Appreciation Day

The Friday before Mother's Day is also known as Military Spouses Appreciation Day.
That means that the base does everything in they can to give us a day to see what our spouses do every day. It is also a day that celebrates spouses and all their hard work while the spouse is working, deployed, TDY, or whatever acronym you can think of. 
This year Ellsworth AFB, SD has a new commander.  With the new commander came news ways of celebrating the day.  This included asking the military members to share something about their spouse.  Jason did it and because he did I won't $40 to beginners yoga classes.
This is what he wrote...
From Jason about Missy
My wife Missy deals with a house full of testosterone with myself and our 3 boys Cody, Wyatt and Garrett. Not to mention all of our men egos, attitudes and my hunting trips. I know she feels odd one out most of the time, but she handles things better than I ever could. Somehow she keeps things running in the house, with the normal day to day chores, shopping, appointments, baseball practices/games, church activities, planning, finances and still makes time to make cupcakes for the neighbors and is going back to college. All of this being a military spouse, which she is proud of. She asks me what would I do without her and I always tell her I would be fine, but we have been together for over 10 years now and if I didn’t have her, my world would fall apart and I know it. I tell her every day that I love her before I go to work in the morning, but that isn’t always enough. So, I try to tell her that more often. Our children and everyday lives seem to take up most of our time and we don’t get to do the things that we use to when we were younger. But we have both said we are stuck with each other no matter what. I’m proud of what she does as a mother in raising our 3 boys. I’m proud of her being a key spouse for my squadron and wanting to help out the other spouses. I’m proud of her making that leap back to college so she can get her teaching degree. I’m thankful to have married someone who is glad to be a mom, and a wife and someone who will put up with my everyday frustrations from work, my addiction to hunting, my mood swings and ocd. There isn’t to many wives that would put up with the things that my wife does and I’m thankful and blessed to have found her. It’s still hard to imagine that over 12 years ago we met in an online chat room and started talking and here we are today having lived in 4 different states, having 3 children, a home and friends and family spread out all over the country. Thank you Missy for saying yes, even though I didn’t get on my knees ;). I Love you babe!!!


Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment