Tuesday, March 1, 2011

Our house


I came on to talk about something else when I realized that I have not posted any pictures of our house on the inside.  We are still not done getting everything up and as we would like it but we are getting there.
 
 This is the living room before it got cleaned up a bit
 The kitchen, of course
 This is half of the living room, my craft area
 Here is the other half, notice Jason's "man chair"
 Looking into Cody's from the front door
 Cody's room from the back corner
 Wyatt's room from the door
 from the back corner
near the door

We still need to get our room put together, the stairwell, Garrett's room and the bathrooms.

As for what I wanted to talk about.
Last Friday Garrett took his first step.  I had a migraine so I didn't see it even though I was right there when he did it.  Jason saw it and I didn't want to believe him when he said it.
I couldn't deny the fact that he took a step when I saw him do it yesterday.  I was sitting on the couch doing laundry when Garrett wanted to play.  He was standing, holding onto the clothes basket when he let go and turned and stepped towards me.  Of course after that he sat down.  I am excited and totally sad about this.  I am excited, happy and proud of him for progressing in his growth.  But I am so sad because that means he is growing up and I am not going to have my baby anymore.

For another subject.  Cody and the family are still struggling with getting comfortable here in South Dakota.  Cody has been sick and absolutely HATES going to school.  I stress out every morning and night worrying about how the morning is going to go.  I feel like I could end up with an ulcer should this keep up.  I have tried talking to Cody.  I know it is because his teacher here is not the teacher he had in California.  He only had one teacher until now, his teacher was also his kindergarten teacher so he was used to how she ran her classroom.  He is not used to this new structure they have here.  It has gotten so bad that I have literally had to drag him to the car and then into the school.  I leave the school with him crying and upset.  Someone from the school has to talk to him and convince him to walk to his classroom.  The sad thing is that when I go pick him up in the afternoon he is fine and had a good day.

I keep praying every night and in the morning that today will be better.  So far it seems to be getting worse.  Maybe it is because this situation is going to be like the saying goes "it always get's worse before it gets better".  Hopefully we are at the worst or almost there.
Photobucket


1 comment:

  1. It looks like a really nice house!! I also see that you got to hang your pot rack in this house finally!

    ReplyDelete