Thursday, February 24, 2011

Wall Drug Store



Since we first found out we were heading to South Dakota we started planning trips we would take.  Jason and I have been to South Dakota.  Jason as a young 9 year old or so, then Jason and I drove through when we moved to Alaska.  I remember seeing Mt. Rushmore (sorry, but I wasn't totally impressed) but apparently Wall Drug Store wasn't as interesting to me.  Jason swears that we stopped on our way to Alaska, I can't remember it for the life of me.
Cody had a 4 day weekend during President's day.  Monday for President's day and the Friday before for what they call District Day here.  I think it is like an inservice (teachers and staff work while kids get to stay home and play).


 
 


Cody's new school is name for this guy, Badger Clark.  As you can see he loves everything about his new school.
Wyatt's namesake
 Cody's namesake.  See the difference in his demeanor?





The scenery on the drive home.
Just after driving on base we saw this.  What a beautiful sight.  I am so happy to be seeing these on base instead of coyotes.

I thought maybe, when we got to Wall Drug Store I would remember being there and all will be well with the world.  We got there, had lunch and headed to other stores.  Most were closed because it is winter but we got to see several things.  Jason remembered the store he bought his first pair of cowboy boots, got a picture with an old friend, and other wonderful memories as a child.
 
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment