Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Cody's 1st day of 1st grade



Honestly, we bought Cody new clothes.  The bad part is that he is so used to wearing shorts that are too small for him that he thinks shorts that are the right size are too big.  That is what happened here.  He thought his new shorts were too big and refused to wear them.  I had to wash them and they are still "too big".
He wasn't excited about 1st grade but he was excited about wearing his new shoes that we bought him.  His first or second pair of Vans.  They were on sale at the BX or he wouldn't have gotten them.
Cody has the same teacher he had last year.  Ms. Rossall is an awesome teacher and I am excited for him and he is excited to have her again.  The part that bothers me is that he is in a combo class (kindergarten and 1st grade) so I hope he learns everything he is supposed to learn in 1st grade.  I am already making sure I work with him more at home so he doesn't fall behind.

I was lucky this year.  He agreed, reluctantly, to let me take a picture of him in front of the school sign.  I tried last year and he refused.  Now we have photographic proof that he went to Irving L. Branch Elementary School :D
 


He is also excited because he has about 4-5 kids in his class again.  That makes things easier for him to transition to a new school year as well.  He also made a new friend as well (although he kinda new him from last year).


 
Here is to an awesome year as a 1st grader.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment