Wednesday, April 20, 2011

Music is a rough sport



See this happy, handsome face.  He is so cute and I adore him.  I already bragged on him in the last post.  Just one thing though, do you see something that doesn't belong?

Yeah, gotta love that nice black eye and swollen eyelid.  Not to mention the big red dot just below his eye brow.
I was getting ready to take Garrett to his Physical Therapy appointment yesterday when I heard my phone ring.  I ignored it, thinking it was Jason, since I was otherwise indisposed.
When I was able to check the message I see it was from Cody's school.  With the issues we have had with Cody and school since we got here I was worried about what they could possibly be calling for.
I hear a woman's voice telling me her name and that Cody was in the nurse's office because he had an incident and bumped his head.  That worried me too because he had told Jason and I a few weeks ago that a couple of boys had pushed him and he fell to the ground and hurt his hands.  I called to see exactly what happened.  Believe me if this was the case again I was going to become Mama Bear and come down on someone for hurting my baby.  Instead I hear that they were in music class and him and another boy were headed for the drums, the other boy got there first and turned around and smacked Cody in the eye with the drum.  Now, when I say smack I don't mean that he did it on purpose, it was an accident, he didn't know that Cody was behind him.
When I talked to Cody he was very unhappy and I knew he wanted to go home but I also wanted him to stay at school.  The nurse assured me he was fine, he would have been even better but he saw the blood and freaked out.  He was given ice for swelling, sat in the office to relax for a bit and was given some Tylenol for the pain. 
When Cody arrived home you wouldn't have even known the incident occurred.  He was so happy and I had to ask him to see his eye.  I love how they bounce back so quickly.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment