Tuesday, June 14, 2011

1880s train ride


Finally sitting down to write this post.  After spending Friday in Deadwood we trekked down to Hill City where we caught an 1880s train ride to Keystone.
Jason and I absolutely loved the trip.  The boys got bored fairly fast.  I think if we had been able to ride when they were older or even younger it would have been better.  Garrett, as always was a trooper and fell asleep on the way back to Hill City.
This picture was very, very dark so I had to do some editing.  Still not happy with it but at least you can see their faces.


I had to take a picture of the seats.  This is part of the reason why I wanted to sit in this car.  I wish I had thought to get a picture of the outside cause it was just as neat and old fashioned as this.

The engine wile taking a turn.


I couldn't  believe this.  Garrett actually grabbed Cody and pulled him really tightly to him.  I love how much he loves his brothers and his brothers love him.

If you look you can see "George" on the porch waving at us.  One of the brakemen mentioned him to the boys several minutes before we came up to him.  We were told he lives to way at the kids on the train.
Cody was very sad to discover that "George" is not real.



The train station


We ran into these guys on our way to a Chuckwagon place (I will talk about that the next time).
Thankfully Jason remembered the lesson learned in Alaska (while driving down the highway and you see someone stopped always look to see if there is something to be looking at).  This time these guys were up on the rocky mountain on the other side.  When I got out to show Wyatt the people we saw stopped said these guys were on the road right where we were parked earlier, what luck.

If you look too, you can see they are collared.  Jason also explained that the reason they look so poorly is because they are shedding their winter coats.  Once the winter coat is gone they will look clean and fluffy again.

That is about it for the train ride.  More next time.  So much to catch up on I hope I can do it in a reasonable time.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment