Friday, June 3, 2011

Summer vacation


...is in full swing here and as promised it is crazy and I am already ready for the two older boys to go back to school.
We did have fun and adventurous Memorial day weekend that I wanted to share with you.  Cody's last day of school was Thursday and Jason had a 4 day weekend so we had something planned for every day, Sunday was church so technically we did have something planned.
I will go one day at a time.
Friday...we headed to Deadwood, SD.  I am so glad we (Jason and I) watched the series from HBO before we went.  It had so much more meaning to us and I cannot wait to go back since we missed so much during our first trip.  We want to go to the mine, watch the trial of Jack McCall (the murderer of Wild Bill Hickok), the reenactment of the murder and a shootout in the middle of the street.
But this is what we did do our first trip.
I can't seem to figure out how to adjust my pictures to be right next to each other.  Instead it is going to be one long line of pictures.  There are a lot so I am going to actually break Deadwood pictures into two different days.
This was on the way to Deadwood.  It was actually a working water wheel, so cool. 






The boys were so excited to see gold.

This is the building where the reenactment of the McCall trial takes place.

I wish I could have gone to an elementary school that looks like this.

The scale at the old train station.  It is now a visitor's center.

walking the streets of Deadwood.

Posing with Wild Bill.



I love this part of the sidewalk.  It was right outside the parking garage where we parked.  I love it, small, round glass in the sidewalk.  I had to get a picture.
That is it for town pictures.  We also went to see Mt. Moriah cemetary where Wild Bill, Calamity Jane and Seth Bullock and his wife are buried.  Those tomorrow.
Photobucket



No comments:

Post a Comment