Wednesday, June 8, 2011

Deadwood


As I promised a week ago, the rest of Deadwood.  We have been busy since I last posted so hopefully I can get caught up on everything.
Here goes the rest of Deadwood, SD...I can't wait to go back
 

Mr. "Wild" Bill Hickok himself

"Calamity" Jane, all she wanted was to be buried next to her best friend.

If you have seen the HBO series, this is the sherriff.  There really isn't much about Marth and I believe the series took some huge liberties with their story.  I would like to find out more about Seth and his wife.

Seth Bullock and his wife aren't actually buried in Mt. Moriah Cemetary.  You have to hike a steep hill about 700+ feet to see their gravestone.  Poor Wyatt had to go to the bathroom REALLY bad on the way back down.

Whenever it is my time to go, I don't care where I am buried (or cremated) as long as I am left with beautiful scenery.


Jason took this picture.  It was left on Seth Bullock's gravestone.  He told me the caliber but I forget, it does supposedly suit the office that Seth Bullock held.


If I remember correctly this is the Post Office in Deadwood, I could be wrong though.



Wyatt wanted me to take his picture, as always, so I tried this out.  I LOVE it.  A picture of me and yet
 not :)
We first saw this on the way to Deadwood and no idea it existed.  A National Cemetary.  I do hope to be able to stop in and honor those who have lost their lives and served our country.
 
That is it for Deadwood.  Next we headed to Hill City to take a train ride on an 1880s train.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment