Monday, August 1, 2011

Missing


 
 
I think I mentioned it in my last post.  Jason has left us.  ;)   Since he was promoted to Technical Sergeant (TSgt) this was always in the cards we just didn't know when.  It finally happened.  Jason left yesterday morning to head to what is called Noncommissioned Officers Academy (NCOA).  It is a 6 week course where they ask that family does not come to visit so the NCO/student can devote full attention to the class and assignments.
It is always a difficult adjustment.  I have been through 2 month deployments before but never as the wife or a mother.  Last summer we spent 4 weeks/month away from Jason and it was difficult but we did make it through it.
I am confident we will make it through 6 weeks.  Do I want to go 6 weeks without being able to hold my husband, give him a hug or a kiss?  No, but when I married him I knew what I was getting into.  Or, at least I thought I knew what I was getting into.  When you meet someone and fall head over heels in love with them you end up with rose colored glasses and you see any obstacle as an ant hole.
I know many military families that made the military career decision as a family.  When I met Jason he was already in the Air Force (I think part of that is what attracted me to him).
There will be many more posts to come, I am sure.  I tend to have too much time on my hands to think when Jason is gone.  Hopefully I can use that time to be productive, like posting more and creating more.
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment