Monday, November 30, 2009

Technical Sergeant Promotion

Well the day didn't quite go as planned.  The boys and I were rushing to get dressed and ready to go.  Thankfully my parents were able to make it up for the celebration so they helped with the boys while I got ready to go. 
Cody was so excited to be able to "tack" on Daddy's new stripe.  We watched as all the others before got their stripes tacked on and were promoted to whatever rank they were being promoted to.
Then the time came when we were to go up with Jason and tack on his stripes.  That is when it sunk in that we were going to be on stage in front of EVERY person in the room.  Now I have realized that Cody is EXACTLY like me, in this instance also.  He did not like going in front of a crowd so he kicked and wrapped his legs around the chair legs so I couldn't pick him up.  After fighting for a bit I just gave up.  I knew that if he didn't go willingly then I would be fighting him the entire time.
So, my dad, Wyatt and I were on stage to tack on Jason's Technical Sergeant stripes.  Wyatt was very cute and loved it.  He is going to be like his Aunt Tanya, such a ham.
Here are some pictures.
 

They actually had some "refreshments", cake and water or lemonade.

Wyatt, my dad and I tacking on Jason's Tech stripes

My parents, and the family

Just us
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment