Friday, November 20, 2009

Volunteering

Today was the last day for Cody before a one week Thanksgiving break.  I am so excited for him and what he is accomplishing.
I also got the opportunity to volunteer in his class for his Thanksgiving "feast".  I thought it was just going to be for the party but it ended up being the whole day and wow how fast a half day kindergarten day flies by.
Since there is an AM and PM kindergarten the teachers share a room with another class.  Now, since we had a minimum day today and went to school during AM hours there were two classes in one classroom today.  Probably what a normal kindergarten class would be like 30+ kids. 
Cody's class were all dressed up as Indians and the other, AM, class were dressed up as the Pilgrims.  The teachers had the student stand next to each other to show the friendship between the Indians and Pilgrims for pictures.  It was so cute.  So instead of trying to think of something clever to say I am just going to bombard you with the pictures I took of Cody during his Thanksgiving "feast".  Oh yeah, by the way, his "feast", and I say it that way because it consisted of popcorn, fruit and cookies.
 









Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Boy this brings back memories!! I would love to have a feast like this. What did you think of the volunteering?

    ReplyDelete